Shop local – How to get £15 to spend in Herefordshire businesses
Herefordshire Council have launched, Shop Local, an opportunity to apply for a prepaid card loaded with £15 to spend with local businesses in Herefordshire.
The aim of the scheme is simple – to get us all back out supporting our local businesses and retailers as they emerge from the limitations of the last 18 months.
By keeping spending local we can help our local communities survive and thrive.
The card must be used in Herefordshire. That way we can all help our great county and its local and independent retailers, producers and traders bounce back from the pandemic and ensure our retail, hospitality, cultural and leisure sectors continue to thrive.
There is one card per household. Read on to find out how the card works and then apply online below, before 31 January 2022.
About your prepaid card
- You must be 18 or over to apply for this card.
- Your Shop Local prepaid card will be loaded with £15 and will have a letter attached which will advise you how to activate it and how to use it.
- Please keep your card until the scheme closes on 31 March 2022. Additional money may be available to be loaded onto your card depending on scheme take up
- The prepaid card is not a credit card and will have no loan or credit facility. You will only be able to make payments from the available balance on the card.
- Your card cannot be used to withdraw cash at an ATM.
- There are no fees associated with this card.
- Any unspent funds remaining on the card by 31 March 2022 will be returned to Herefordshire Council.
- Your card has been restricted to only permit purchases at businesses based within the geographical location of Herefordshire. These measures depend on the information we receive from that business. This means there may be occasions where your card does not work, and the attempted transaction is declined. This is because the address of that business (or their acquiring bank) may not be registered in Herefordshire.
- You may be restricted from using your card for some purchases as agreed with Herefordshire Council, which could include restrictions at off-licences, as well as for betting and gambling (including lottery tickets and casinos), dating and escort services, massage parlours, pawn shops and tobacco stores, counselling services, automated fuel pumps, cable, satellite, or other paid TV subscription services and telecommunication services.
Apply for your household’s prepaid card by 31 January 2022
What happens once I have applied?
When you have completed the application form, your prepaid card will be sent to you in the post. It should arrive within 10 days of your application.
There is only one card per household. If someone from your household has already applied, your application will not be processed.