Ross Library to re-open for browsing and computer bookings
Herefordshire Libraries, including Ross-on-Wye, will open for browsing and computer bookings from week beginning Monday 12th April. Ledbury Library will open on the same basis from Monday 19th April.
These libraries will be open between 10am and 12 noon and 2pm until 4pm on the following days;
Monday: Ledbury, Leominster, Ross-on-Wye Libraries
Tuesday: Hereford, Ledbury, Leominster, Ross-on-Wye Libraries
Wednesday: Hereford Library
Thursday: Hereford, Ledbury, Leominster, Ross-on-Wye Libraries
Friday: Hereford, Ledbury, Leominster, Ross-on-Wye Libraries
Saturdays: Hereford, Ledbury, Leominster, Ross-on-Wye Libraries will be open between 10am – 12 noon.
Click and Collect services for books, audiobooks and DVDs will continue to be available from Hereford, Ledbury, Leominster, Ross-on-Wye, Belmont, Colwall, Kington and Leintwardine libraries, and items can be returned to these branches.
Visiting the library
Staff will be available to greet you and help you use the library.
To enter the library you must wear a face covering (unless you have a medical exemption) and apply hand sanitiser.
They have limited the number of customers that can visit at one time and ask you keep a safe distance from other customers and staff.
If you are visiting the library to browse or for a computer booking you will need to provide your details for Track and Trace.
You are welcome to browse for 20 minutes. Once you have selected your books, please issue them to your account at a self-serve kiosk. You can also renew your books at a kiosk.
If you are unable to leave your home to visit the library you may be eligible for home delivery. http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/libraries/homedelivery
Order books to collect
If you would like to make a quick visit, you can order books or reserve items to collect from your chosen library
• Click and Collect – tell them your interests and staff will select titles for you. http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/libraries/clickandcollect
• Reserve items – you choose which titles you would like from the catalogue. http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/libraries/reserve
Book a computer
Computers can be used for 30 minutes a day and need to be booked in advance. Printing and photocopying is not available at this time. www.bookalibrarycomputer.herefordshire.gov.uk
What this means for your library account
• You can return any library items you have been holding on to, with no overdue charges to pay
• Keep items at home if you cannot return them
• Items are quarantined before going back into stock, so will stay on your account for 3 days after they have been returned
• Reservations and Click and Collect orders are issued to your account in advance so will show as on loan when they are ready to pick up